I really want to get one of these YSL Rouge pur Couture lip products that are all the rage in the beauty community right now. The price tag seems a little outrageous which is my only hesitation but they are being described as a lipstick, lip stain and lip gloss all in one.
I would also like to take this time to plug an absolutely phenomenal blogger/youtube guru named Rae. Her channel on youtube (Raeview) and her blog (The RAEviewer) are phenomenal sources of ample information on high-end products. She does extremely thorough and in-depth reviews on so many different products each season and has excellent swatches on her blog.
- Stila One-Step Foundation
- Coastal Scents Camo Quad in Light
- Michael Todd blush in Olivia
- Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
- MAC eyeshadow in Trax
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Naked
- Clinique Bottom Lash mascara
- Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
- Neutrogena makeup remover towlettes
- Blackjack lip balm in Natural Tint
- L’Oreal 360 Go Clean Anti-breakout cleanser
- OPI Designer de Better
- Zoya Jules
I ordered two Laura Geller items from HauteLook a few weeks ago and they finally came in today. (Real quick: HauteLook has Pop Pixie makeup today at really great prices, I ordered a few more things.) One is a small baked eyeshadow trio that is really gorgeous. The other is this Wonder Wand which acts as both an eye brightener and cheek highlighter. I thought it was a little gimmicky but it was a really great price and I’m so glad I purchased it. Too often highlighters are glittery rather than brightening for a fresh look. The little sponge-tip applicator sits in the product and applies very smoothly around the eye and on the cheek bones. I also like that the powder is more of a flesh-tone than pure white as it appears more natural on the skin. Truly glad to add this to my collection.
This Coastal Scents Camo Quad in Light is a really great value. It retails for $7.95 and has wonderful range and coverage. All four shades are very creamy without being cakey which is a plus. The salmon color does a great job covering dark circles and blue veins under the eye and the yellow shade combats redness. I have been reaching for this every day since I got it last week and definitely recommend it. The quad comes in three different shades and there is also a corrector quad on the website. I have a medium skin tone but still went with light; the medium looks so dark to me.
Clinique’s Bottom Lash Mascara has become a staple in my every day makeup routine. The tiny brush reaches the lashes so well and defines them with impeccable precision and zero clumps. After using this for nearly a month I tried to use one of my “regular” mascaras on the bottom lashes and it was awful. For $10 you really cannot go wrong.
Organix has a new line of hair products with macadamia oil. I picked up the conditioner today because I’m almost out of my Organix Moroccan oil conditioner. The new one pictured above smells EXACTLY like a piece of watermelon Airheads, no exaggeration. It is ridiculously incredible. It is supposed to be super hydrating and macadamia oil is on the rise in the beauty world as the next big thing, so I am really excited to try it out. I purchased mine from Walgreens for $6.99.
I’ve found a good dupe for NARS Orgasm blush. It’s a Milani baked blush in Luminoso. Surprisingly pigmented for a drugstore blush, I really like it. I found it for $6.50 which is obviously a much better deal than NARS.
I do not own the NARS blush so I Googled swatches; these photos are not my own but are linked to the source.
January Beauty Favorites:
- Naked 2 Palette- I’ve been using it every day this month. My favorites (after playing around with it for a month) are Snakebite, YDK and Busted.
- The Balm “Time Balm” Concealer- The best concealer I’ve tried so far. I find liquid concealers do not provide enough coverage under my eyes or on blemishes (or the surgery scar on my cheek) and so I like concealers that are thicker but still creamy.
- The Balm “Frat Boy” Blush- Can you tell I love The Balm? This is a beautiful sheer coverage blush that gives me the perfect flush of color without appearing like clown makeup. It’s matte, which is a must for me.
- MAC Paint Pot in “Painterly”- Just purchased this a week ago but already a staple in my makeup routine. I still use a little bit of Urban Decay Primer Potion for extra security, but I really love how it holds my shadows longer. I also love the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour eye shadows (I have three) which are very similar to paint pots for drug stores; I only wish Maybelline had created a matte beige color in the line.
- Covergirl Exact Eyelights Mascara- I prefer length to volume when it comes to mascaras and I do not like the huge brushes. Even this brush seemed a little large at first but I love how you can build layers easily for a fuller (but not clumpy) effect.
- Revlon Color Burst Lip Butters- I don’t like too much color on my lips, probably because I’m just not used to seeing myself in it, so these Lip Butters are a nice way to incorporate color while still hydrating my lips. Peach Parfait is probably my favorite.
What are your favorites this month?
With inspiration of the 50’s Glam World mixed in with modern day sass, we’re more than ecstatic to have TheBalm featured in our much anticipated January Glam Bags. Incredibly smooth textures, eye-catching colors, and fun-to-read packaging, theBalm is definitely a beauty brand worth obsessing over. Did you know that theBalm was founded in a kitchen? About ten years ago Founder Marissa Shipman ordered 11 books online about how to make makeup and started mixing in her own kitchen. Because the books were filled with recipes for chemists, the only thing she could figure out how to make was a lip balm (beeswax, shea butter, and castor oil), hence the name- theBalm. Find out more fun things about theBalm and discover their amazing products by checking out there website and clicking this link: http://mygl.am/w8Bzab
I just discovered this company as well. I bought TheBalm “Time Balm" concealer a few days ago and used it today for the first time. Absolutely love it; hands down the best concealer I’ve ever tried.
Do you know about the website Julep? If you’re a nail polish enthusiast, I highly recommend this subscription service. Julep has high quality nail polish that retails for $14 a bottle, but they have a Maven program for $19.99 a month as well. After taking a style quiz to find out information about you, the lovely people at Julep pick polish colors that fit who you are. I am “All American,” but there are others like Bombshell and Trendsetter. The best part of the Maven program, in my opinion, is that they tell you each month exactly what your box is going to have. If you want to see what the other boxes have, or are not happy about your picks, you can request a “shelf pull” and pick a box from any of the other styles available. Awesome! I’ve loved every color I’ve received from Julep (I currently have six in my collection) and I truly do think it is worth it. On top of polishes I’ve also had a base coat, a top coat, a hand scrub, shea body butter and nail glitter in some of my last few boxes.
Check out Julep and the Maven program. If you use that link right now you can get your first Maven box for ONE PENNY when you use the code SHAREON at checkout, so you have nothing to lose!! Try it for at least one month and see how you like it.
Did you see our super duper suprise today? It’s a sneak peak at the January Glam Bag’s exclusive MyGlam cosmetic bag. The girls on facebook are getting it right. The theme of next month’s bag will be eco, green, and absolutely gorgeous.
The Glam Girls
I really loved my December MyGlam bag. It was the perfect start to a subscription: Tarte mascara, Urban Decay primer potion, Urban Decay “Sin” eyeshadow, NYX lip gloss and these really neat Mai Couture paper blushes. It’s literally a sheet of paper that comes off as blush when you rub it against your skin. I’m excited to get a few more of them, especially because the face of this company are a few very well-known beauty gurus on youtube.